Monday 17 April 2017

John Terry Set To Leave Chelsea At The End Of Season

Image result for john terry
Chelsea captain and defender, John Terry will be leaving Stamford bridge at the end of this season. He would be leaving  after more than two decades of playing for the club.


 BBC reports that, John Terry has made 713 appearances for Chelsea since 1998, captained 578 times and 66 times.
The 36 -year old centre -back  who joined the club at age fourteen has made only four starts this season in the premier league, which is one of the reasonsTerry would be leaving.

"I feel as if I still have plenty to offer on the pitch but understand that opportunities here at Chelsea would be limited for me," he said.

Terry who retired from international football in 2012 after winning 78 England Caps, is one of Chelsea's most decorated players.
He  won four Premier League titles, one Champion League, five FA Cups, a Europa League and three League Cups.

"I've always been conscious that I depart at the right time, in the right way and I feel that the end of this season is the right time for the club and I,"he added.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments found here are entirely the opinions of the writers and does not reflect the views or opinions of Ify Arowojolu.