Monday 20 February 2017

"We Hide Close To ATM Points To Rob Early Morning Users" - Suspect



A 25 year- old suspected robber was apprehended by operatives of Rapid Respond Squad (RRS) of the Lagos Police Command on Saturday at Alaba Rago Market, Ojo in Lagos, when he tried to rob
a lady who had gone to use the ATM machine around the area.
The suspect identified as Gbenga Babatunde , ran out of luck when he tried to rob a lady who had gone to use the machine around 5am on Saturday. The lady ran away ,when the suspect ran after her in order to rob her, but unknown to him the lady had gone to call the operatives of RRS.
The suspect was caught while trying to escape and was arrested, his accomplice identified as Samson Baba Ramadan, however, managed to escape. A cut-to-size locally made -gun, two live cartridges and some debit cards were recovered from him.
According to Babatunde in his confession "I have been in the crime, since I met my colleague Samson Baba Ramadan. I met him at field joint , Alaba  two years ago and since then we have been working together."
'We have robbed about 35 people together. We target ATM points by 4am and hide in  any shop close- by. As soon as anybody collects money, we will waylay the person, collect the money and escape. The last money we got from a victim was N40,000."
"I don't go home, I sleep in hotel at Alaba Rago. It is only when I don't have money that I go home.I have no wife and no child."
The case has been transfered to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, for further investigation and prosecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments found here are entirely the opinions of the writers and does not reflect the views or opinions of Ify Arowojolu.